Monday, January 2, 2012

Week 1 of the challenge-Kitchen - sink , countertops, table

Today is week 1 of the challenge at http://www.home-storage-solutions-101.com/ which is to clean and organize your countertops, sink and table.
First off I have decided to be totally honest in this process and to show you the true befores and afters of these challenges. So here are the befores for today :



So the first thing I did was take everything off the counter and wipe it down. I only put back the things that I knew I wanted there and put everything else where it belonged too. I also needed to find a home for the new lagostina pots and pans I received as a christmas gift instead of displaying them on the counter. They found their new home in the drawer of the stove. I am not sure I am happy with them there but will address that in another part of the challenge. When we are doing the cupboards I want to change many of mine around and purge a lot of stuff to make a new home for them. But for now they will stay in that drawer.
Here are the afters:





I didnt have to do anything except put one newspaper into recycling . It is always clear thankfully!!!!!!!!!!

What amazed me most about this challenge was that it took me a very short time to make my kitchen have that ahhhhh.. feeling!!!!!!!! It really was about just taking the time tto put stuff away, empty the dishwasher and reload it , take out the garbage, do up a couple of dishes by hand and wipe down the counters and the sink with my norwex cloth.
So day 1 done and now to maintain this !!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

dorisdays said...

That's great. I'm trying to get there, and I have a deadline of this Sat (my housewarming) to get everything in order.
Can't wait to see what you do next

Lisa aka @those2girls said...

Looks great! I'll have to do catch up-sick sonny boy here

mtwcross said...

OK, So I actually stated this last week, so I"m at least 1 week ahead!! Keep up the good work! You're an inspiration!!

Suzie Thomas said...

A new kitchen increases the value of your home and makes your life easier. The first step to your new kitchen countertops to set a budget. Decide how much money you are willing to spend. This will help drive your other decisions.

Diane said...

thanks everyone for your kind words!!!!!!

Diane said...

thanks everyone for your kind words!!!!!!