Sunday, January 3, 2010

first goal I am setting for 2010

I went for some testing with the doctor and they said I am low on Vitamin b and iron. After I did some research I was not surprised at all to find this out. I am not a big meat eater and I am lactose intolerant too.

I am going to try and add more protein to my diet by eating breakfast with a protein source. So I have picked out a few to start with . Tomorrow will be my first day of eating a breakfast. The two I am starting with are eggs or an almond butter and jam on whole wheat toast. I also am going to be eating almonds for a protein source as a snack each day.

If you have any good ideas for breakfast that have a protein source please let me know. Also if you know any good protein sources I might be able to try again please email me or leave a comment.

Lets see how that goes tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! I will let you know!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

SimplyFrugal said...

Hi Diane! Just letting you know that you've won one of the day planners I was giving away at Simply Frugal! email me at simplyfrugalcanada @ gmail.com with you mailing address so I can get it out to you right away!

'Becca said...

For your B vitamins, try nutritional yeast flakes. I know they sound like something people will eat in the horrible future when there are no other foods, but actually they're yummy! They dissolve in any kind of oil to make a delicious stuff kind of like cheese. They're high in B vitamins and protein. Try them on buttered/olive-oiled toast or in this pasta dish.

For breakfast (and snacks), you can add all kinds of nutritious stuff to oatmeal. I like to sweeten it with sorghum syrup (see link from that recipe for more info) which is high in iron and other nutrients.

Another great source of iron is kale. Here are lots of ways to eat kale.

Good luck with your healthy new year!