Friday, January 1, 2010

happy new year!!!!!!!!!

First off I want to wish all my friends and family a happy new year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A couple of years ago I decided that I will not ever make resolutions
again . For me it is so easy to just break those resolutions and
to get easily frustrated very early on . So for me I just continue with what
I am doing that is working for me and my family to have a happy life. I am always working towards something but it changes from time to time.

This year I am just going to continue on with what is working for me in my life.
There are a few things I want to change and over the year but not all at once just one at a time. I will be posting about them when I decide to concentrate on each goal.

An example is in Sept this past year I decided that we needed to spend more time
as a family. The memories that my daughter will remember are the times spent together
not the things we buy!!!!!!! So I concentrated on that and I love the new family time we have found to spend together.

Last night we passed up two parties that we were invited to spend time as a family. We went to a family swim together and then came home and had chinese food. My 11 year old daughter asked to stay up till midnight so I thought we would try it . She managed to stay awake and probably could have stayed up even later than that but she went to bed a little after midnight.

We rang in midnight the perfect way with her sitting between my husband and I.
We counted down midnight together and then we kissed her at midnight and then kissed each other . It was perfect!!!!!!!!!! It felt so right and I want to have more experiences like that !!!!!!!!!!

So come back to the blog to read what I am working on next.

Take some time to hug your child!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

SimplyFrugal said...

Aww what a great memory you'll have! When my hubby and I finally have kids I want to strive to make family time a priority. What a great change you're making!