Saturday, January 17, 2009

Finding time for ourself

It is so easy when you become a mom to put yourself last. The baby or children come first so what they need gets done and you on the back burner. The other is do everything for your hubbie and not think about yourself. Lastly I think it is us just thinking there is not enough time in a day to take time for ourself.
I do take some time each day when my daughter goes to bed I have "me " time which I love and look forward to without guilt. I need that time to re-energize for the next day.
Today I took some time for myself to get pampered! Yes dont do that one very often but today with the winter blahs and all I decided I really needed it. I got a pedicure which was awesome and had my toes painted dark sparkly purple . Every time I look at them they make me smile so hopefully it will help me through this dark dreary cold winter!!!!!!!!!!
I also got my hair cut considerably shorter to again have something a bit different.
We need to remember to take time for ourself so if you havent done that inawhile then take some time today. Have a bubblebath, read without interruption, by yourself something small, or get a haircut or pedicure because you are worth it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Paula @ Organizing Tips For Moms said...

You are so right! We do need to take time for ourselves. I'm getting better but still need to work at it. I decided to take one personal day a month to make a "me day". No working on business stuff, no catching up on household chores, etc. I've picked my date for Feb and put it on my calendar. That's what works for me.

Thanks for stopping by!