Monday, July 14, 2008

hashbrown casserole

I just finished putting together the hashbrown casserole for tomorrow nights supper.
I want to record the recipe so when I make it again I can just go here to find it.

TATER TOT CASSEROLE

1 can cream of mushroom soup( or any cream soup)
1 bag tater tots
shredded cheese
1 lb of ground hamburger meat
Optional to add sourcream to the soup and meat mixture

Brown hamburger meat.
Add cream of mushroom soup and stir together continuously.
Let simmer on low heat for a few minutes.
Place mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish.
Lay tater tots neatly on top of the mixture.
Place in oven at 400 degrees with foil on top(shiny side in) for 30 minutes.
Remove foil and cook until browned.
Sprinkle with cheese and melt it in the oven

3 comments:

Jen said...

I used to make a recipe similar to this. I wonder why I stopped. We liked it! :) Thanks for reminding me.

Let me know if you try the crockpot chicken alfredo. It is way yummmm.

Jen said...

Diane, to answer your question about the crockpot chicken alfredo recipe:

Did you use italian seasoning or dry salad dressing mix (italian flavor). I imagine making it with the italian seasoning would make it bland, but the dry dressing mix actually adds a lot of flavor. Let me know! :)

In The Kitchen With AUdrey said...

this sounds great. i am definitely going to try it. as a new mom i am always on the lookout for easy meals. thanks!

kris adair