Monday, July 14, 2008

more green

So lying around relaxing today I read 189 pages out of 252 of the Green For Life Book.
So I thought I had better share the things I learned in the first book "Green This".
Hopefully some of this will be new to you as it was to me . I am sorry if it not because
I love to share . I love to learn new things too cant you tell.

Okay first off with plastics I learnt look at the bottom of any plastic container and see the number.
Try to stick to a 1 or a 2 . Make sure you dont get one marked with a #3 or #4-#6 they are no good either. I never sure what number was good or not so I am going to try sticking to the #1s and #2s.
Best for the environment and best for you too.

The things in this book it says you need for green cleaning really are baking soda, vinegar, and lemon juice.

It is best to use microfiber cloths which I will be switching to.

Now for the areas of your home
Clean Kitchen Sink
- all you use is dishsoap and then once done washing dry off and polish with window cleaner.
Drains
or black caulking
-make a thick paste using lemon juice, salt and baking soda for the drains and let sit for at least one hour - wash off
black caulking -baking soda and lemon juice

Bathroom Cleaning
Toilet Bowl- use baking soda and vinegar
Toilet Bowl- 1/2 cup of vinegar weekly for maintenance

Unclogged Drains
1 cup of vinegar once a week- maintenance
1/2 cup of vinegar and 4 Tablespoons of baking soda... cover drain for 1/2 hour then rinse with boiling hot water from a kettle

Getting rid of Ants - combine peppermint oil and vinegar in a bottle and spray

Laundry-
use one cup of vinegar instead of laundry soap

Sorry about the bolding but it wont let me turn it off .
I hope you enjoyed todays tips. If you have any to add or like the idea leave me a comment.
Stay tuned tomorrow for more !!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you



No comments: