Thursday, July 3, 2008

Todays lesson

Out of the blue I get a phonecall from my mom that they want to come and visit us. Great I think wonderful hubbie has holidays next week and my daughter's b-day is on Monday. Then I ask when not an answer I was prepared for tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes that is right tomorrow around noon. Wow thank god I cleaned the kitchen and the livingroom only has a small pickup to do. But then all the other stuff that needs to be done before they get here. Should I sleep tonight or just stay up and finish up the rest. I folded two loads of laundry to put away tomorrow morning.
My bedroom is a disaster area and now needs to be spotless that is where they sleep when they come here. Yikes!!!!!!!!!! I guess I am getting up early tomorrow morning to get it ship shape ready.
I got back my Perfect Housewife book today from my friend and she joked I could use it now. I told her that there is no way I am going to even look at it till my parents are gone . I have no time!
But what this has taught me is that I need to work more on being the perfect housewife so when company calls you welcome them with open arms and fresh cookies. It is a work in progress as I said and some day it will be reality.
Well not sure when I will blog again pretty busy weekend with my parents and bbq on Sunday too, daughter's b-day on Monday the big 10!
Okay so I will sign off for now and have a great weekend and a wonderful 4th of July for all my american friends.

No comments: